Monday, April 11, 2011

good intentions

When I first started this blog, it was my firm intention to post something every day - preferably with a picture of something I had created that day.  I really LOVE making art, and I really do have the luxury (most days) of time to do *something* creative, and yet... ugh.  UGH!!!   Well, this could become the self-flagellation blog wherein I beat myself up publicly for all my many failures, but I'm not gonna go there (today, anyway!).

I did work on some backgrounds for my art journal this weekend, and I had some fun painting a flowerpot to donate for the school's upcoming springfest auction (except that I forgot to take a picture of it before I took it to school this morning).  Here's a picture of a smaller version of the same design that I painted a couple of years ago to give as Easter gifts:


I also made about four dozen hand-dipped white mint chocolate covered Oreo cookies for my husband to send overseas to his "adopted" soldier, which I'm hoping will be a welcome relief from MREs...   :-)   If you are interested in providing support and a little love from home to the men and women of the armed forces who are away from family and friends, check out www.soldiersangels.org for more information.

Feel free to share your own experiences with procrastination and good intentions - misery loves company!

No comments:

Post a Comment