Sunday, April 24, 2011

do-overs


As an artist, I am often ... oh let's call it "unsatisfied"... with the way a certain piece ends up.  The above altar, which was created last year as part of a group project for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, was originally done in shades of pink - a color I am not generally fond of (except hot pink, of course!).  Why pink was chosen as the "official" color for breast cancer awareness I will NEVER understand, but... I went with it, and was pretty much unhappy with the results from the get-go.   So this weekend I re-worked the whole thing in shades of gold, silver, copper and bronze, and I like it ever so much better.  It's now in my shop over at Etsy, if you'd like to take a look at some of the other pictures of it.  (Or if you'd like to support a culturally-starving artist... LOL)

Such a wonderful reminder this was - it's NEVER too late for a do-over.  Sometimes it's an easy fix, like this little altar was, and sometimes it's a long, involved process to get to where you want to go (yes, flabby thighs, I am talking about you) - but I'm pretty sure it's always worth the effort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment