Sunday, April 3, 2011

an attitude of gratitude


On this date seven years ago, I was admitted to the hospital to await the impending birth of my mid-life miracle baby.  At fortythreeandahalf ("advanced maternal age", they called it oh so politely), I was a little baffled by how I had arrived at this particular crossroads - but I was determined to face all of the unknowns with as much grace as I could muster.  It was an interesting 23 hours, this process of giving birth to my own personal miracle - and when he finally made his appearance and they laid him across my chest, I was absolutely flabbergasted by the sheer perfection of what I had somehow created.

Seven years later, I am still astonished - and grateful.

(the above photo is a recent page from my art journal)

No comments:

Post a Comment