Monday, February 9, 2015

Miniature Masterpieces

The Arts Council in the city where I live has decided to do a visual arts fundraiser entitled "Miniature Masterpieces", where for a flat fee every attendee gets to go home with an 8x8 piece of artwork donated by a local artist.  I was asked to donate a few canvases for this project, and I had *so* much fun painting them!!!   Usually I am frozen solid at the sight of a blank white canvas, but the small format really made it easy for me to experiment and just have fun.  Painting has not been my "thing" for many years (and even then it was always watercolors!), so this has been a learning experience for me and has sparked a real passion for small format acrylic work.   Here are a few examples of recent paintings (a couple of which are available in my Etsy shop):












I learned some valuable lessons during this process about having patience, having FUN, and not being discouraged if things don't turn out exactly the way they were in your head... lol    I also figured out that sometimes a painting really only comes together at the very end (although I suppose that is probably true of everyone - if it hasn't come together yet, it's not done!  hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment