Tuesday, October 14, 2014

2014 Holiday Invitational

Holy cow - I can't BELIEVE it has been more than a year since I posted on here, ugh!  Well, I suppose I never really claimed to be a "blogger" per se - it's just nice to have a place to post photos and projects so I can link them to Pinterest...!!!   hehehehe

With that in mind, here's some of what's been going on in the studio lately, in preparation for the Wilson Arts Council's annual Holiday Invitational !!


"I must be a mermaid - I have no fear of depths, and a great fear of shallow living".  This little lady is a hand-made spirit doll, about 9" tall.   I made a goddess doll body (with a tail!) out of muslin, then hand-painted it with various acrylics and embellished it with glitter (of course), various shells and beads.  Her face is a cabochon I cast in polymer clay and painted, and her hair is an assortment of yarns and ribbon I had stuffed in a drawer.  I'm thinking about possibly making more of these to sell in my Etsy shop - I think they might make awesome Christmas ornaments, or just decorative spirit dolls for those so inclined.  :-)



I've made about 30 of these little birdie ornaments, and I just LOVE them!!  These are made with hand-stamped polymer clay, and are about 5" wide from beak to tail.  I've beaded hangers and dangles for them, and each one is a different color with different images stamped into them.  I'm hoping that will be my big holiday seller, and I did list some of them on Etsy.  And if they don't sell - well, I will hang them on MY tree because they are so sweet!  LOL

I'm also working on a big wooden art doll and a pieced paper "painting" of a sheltie - these are still in the works, so I'll have to (try to remember to) post some pics later.

It's hard to get holiday momentum going when it's only *just* autumn - hoping that between Starbucks lattes and the cooler weather, I'll have lots of energy to get things done before the busy season starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment