Friday, December 7, 2012

You Can Do Hard Things


Two of my dearest friends have been facing some really tough challenges recently - and really, aren't we all at one time or another?  Sometimes, the life-altering grenades that life chucks at us can make us doubt ourselves and our ability to carry on and make a wonderful life for ourselves.  Fo shizzle.  (Lame attempt at hipness, please excuse...)

One of the most inspirational blogs on the web for me this year has been http://momastery.com/blog/, written by Glennon Melton.  She keeps it real in a way that is just mind-blowing (especially for me, as a parent), and my favorite tag line of hers is "you can do hard things".  I cannot begin to count the number of times in my life I wish I'd had someone standing over my shoulder whispering that in my ear - that, and perhaps a whole lot of other bits of timely wisdom to keep me on the right path.  Maybe that accounts for my current obsession with guardian angels... LOL

Of course, everything that rattles around in my brain long enough eventually comes out as a piece of art.  I am totally loving this simple little message, and I'm actually going to remember to keep one of these for myself, tucked in a prominent place where I can be reminded, daily, that *I* can do hard things.

No comments:

Post a Comment