Thursday, September 8, 2011

An attitude of gratitude


A few weeks ago, a friend of mine posted a movie clip from Joe vs. the Volcano on her Facebook page.  It featured Tom Hanks as Joe, adrift on a raft in the middle of the ocean, watching the moon come up and having a moment of awe and gratitude for his life.  It really got me thinking...  and it inspired the above little altar, which I just listed for sale in my Etsy shop.

It's so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day routine of life, entirely forgetting to stop once in a while and look at the big picture.  It's also easy to take the whole thing for granted. 

So this is me, stopping for a moment and being grateful for both the many blessings in my life and the many challenges (which have, more often than not, led me to an even richer and deeper understanding of myself and my purpose). 

No comments:

Post a Comment